FAKE NEWS! This is totally NOT a military coup by permanent Washington, folks! I have complete command of my military and we’re LEAVING the Middle East! The brass and bureaucrats wouldn’t just ignore orders from their President. Believe me! pic.twitter.com/3waIf0jE9e— King President Blumpf (@PresidentBlumpf) October 11, 2019
President Trump on Syria: “We’ve won. We beat ISIS. We beat them badly and decisively. We have no soldiers. The last thing I want to do is bring thousands and thousands of soldiers in and beat everybody again. We’ve already done that.”— CSPAN (@cspan) October 10, 2019
FULL VIDEO: https://t.co/SqHYibLgTv pic.twitter.com/CwrELqunPp
We’re not ending endless wars, exiting the Middle East, or shifting to great power competition, whatever that means. Focus on action, not rhetoric. https://t.co/I2I1ixcJEG— Ben Friedman (@BH_Friedman) October 11, 2019
Statement from @ChiefPentSpox:— Alex Emmons (@AlexEmmons) October 11, 2019
Esper authorizes additional forces to Saudi Arabia:
-Two Fighter Squadrons
-One Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW)
-Two Patriot Batteries
-One THAAD system
Since May, the U.S. has increased forces in @CENTCOM area of responsibility by 14,000.
If you watched the Trump rally in Minneapolis on FOX News last night, he reiterated his desire to end the endless wars in Syria and Afghanistan even though he has only redeployed troops within Syria to move them out of the path of the Turkish invasion.
Blompf made a big announcement last December about withdrawing troops from Syria which we watched the neocons in his administration walk back because Israel was opposed to it. The Republican Senate voted to condemn the withdrawals from Syria and Afghanistan.
“The Pentagon is sending a fresh wave of troops to Saudi Arabia to help defend the kingdom against Iran, despite President Donald Trump’s repeated pledges to end the U.S. military’s commitments in the Middle East.
“I have ordered the deployment to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia of two additional fighter squadrons and supporting personnel,” including two batteries of soldiers manning Patriot air-defense missiles and another Army unit manning a larger air-defense missile system, Defense Secretary Mark Esper told reporters at the Pentagon today.
The latest deployment, which includes two squadrons of fighter jets and three air-defense units, will bring to 3,000 the number of troops the U.S. has sent to Saudi Arabia since Iran attacked the kingdom’s oil infrastructure last month. “The evidence recovered so far proves that Iran is responsible for these attacks,” Esper said, noting that Germany, France and the United Kingdom have reached the same conclusion. …”
Blompf hasn’t ended any of these endless wars.
He vetoed a Senate bill to end American support for Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen. He has dramatically escalated tensions with Iran and keeps sending troops to Saudi Arabia. Overall, Trump has sent more troops to Europe and the Middle East than he has withdrawn from the “endless wars.”