“White politicians commenting on race, as noted by AP:
- John Hickenlooper described his “shame” that some white people “kind of looked the other way during these lynching incidents.”
- Beto O’Rourke admitted he “clearly had advantages” as a white man.
- Elizabeth Warren acknowledged black single mothers struggled more than she did.
- Tim Ryan said he didn’t grow up around many black people.
- Pete Buttigieg said “any white candidate needs to show a level of consciousness around issues like white privilege.”
- Kirsten Gillibrand: “I guess I don’t see it that way” when asked whether she’d benefited from white privilege.”
It was precisely this sort of pandering to racial resentment and talking down to disaffected White populist and nationalist voters that put Blompf in the White House in 2016 and gave the GOP control of both the House and the Senate and the majority of state legislatures.
Andrew Yang has a huge advantage over his rivals for the Democratic nomination because he has talked sympathetically about the various problems afflicting White America. Along with Universal Basic Income, it is the reason why disaffected White populists are Yang Curious. No other Democratic candidate currently comes anywhere close to Yang in being an ongoing topic in the populist conversation.
The threat we are facing in the 21st century isn’t “white supremacy.” The truth is White people are actually dying out in this country because of a raging suicide and opioid epidemic. No, the real threat is the rise of artificial intelligence, which will make racial differences in IQ between blacks and Whites look minuscle by comparison. What are we going to do when humans over the next ten to twenty years can no longer compete with deep learning powered robots for employment? What are we going to do with the millions of people immigrating here then?
That’s the real question!
Andrew Yang is uniquely focused on the real questions facing our society. Blompf is trying to take the Boomers back to the 1950s. Elizabeth Warren wants to reconvene the Salem Witch Trials. Bernie is talking about creating unions in the 21st century to compete against automation and machine laborers. Beta O’Dork is an empty suit with crowd pleasing clichés. Pete Buttigieg wants you to know he is gay. The mainstream media is still talking about dumb irrevelvant shit like the Mueller Report.
50% of Americans are projected to lose their jobs over the next 15 years. Why aren’t these other candidates talking about that?
Note: We can’t afford to continue with business-as-usual Boomer outrage politics. The stakes are too high now. It will be difficult to navigate the issue.