UPDATE: Here’s a more detailed version:
Here are the details of the Trump-Miller amnesty proposal coming on Monday:
- A path to citizenship for 1.8 million DREAMers.
- An end to the visa lottery program and chain migration.
- “$25 billion dollar trust fund for the wall system.”
- “Historic investment in northern border security.”
- “An appropriation for filling personnel deficiencies” in border patrol and at the Department of Homeland Security.
- “Same treatment of illegal aliens, regardless of country of origin.”
- “Closing loopholes in the system that make it almost impossible to deport illegal immigrants,” such as the court backlog or the “catch and release” policy through which immigrants are released while awaiting a hearing.
Note: This confirms The Washington Post story that Stephen Miller and the Trump White House is serious about cutting an immigration deal