(Editor’s Note: The Muse of Hate has been given the day off after delivering the great Ode to Victory after ten years of toil on this WordPress blog to rediscover the Race Soul of Dixie.
Having shaken off many illusions with the assistance of Plato and Georg Hegel, the Analyst of Hate is back to discuss the new paradigm which has been created in light of a gold mine of good observations. The Plantation Nation has come into sharper focus.)
It is another beautiful day in the Sunny South.
The Southern Sky blazes over the nation of Dixie which it embraces from all directions. It is now the middle of August. The weather will soon become more temperate as Persephone, the bride of Hades, leads our corner of Western civilization from summer to the fall season.
It is about to be our favorite time of the year in the nation of Dixie. The cooler fall weather is coming soon. Most importantly, the SEC football season and Friday Night Football is about to enrapture the Race of the Cavaliers, which will provide some much needed psychological relief from the “partisan divide” in Washington and the “financial crisis” on Wall Street.
Every great nation has its national past time. Rome had its great ampitheatres and gladiator games. Byzantium had its chariot races between the Blues and Greens. Hellas had its Olympics. The national sport of Dixie is football and our Colosseum is the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
The football season is one of the most important rituals in the nation of Dixie. It is a special time of the year when the American South takes the mask off and reveals to America that the nation of Dixie is still alive 150 years after the demise of the Confederacy.
This will strike “White Nationalists” as an absurd argument.
Southern universities have been integrated by federal law. The Whites cheer for African-American athletes. This is proof of the great success of “anti-racism” and “racial progress” in the American South.
But could it be something else?
The race soul of Dixie was born on the plantation. This region of the United States has always been an alternative universe. It is a sub-nation that was settled by different stock from the British Isles on a different cultural and economic model. The troubled relationship between Dixie and America is similar to the one that tied Ireland to Great Britain.
Dixie has always had its own mind about how the nation should be governed. The nation of Dixie once balked at ratifying the U.S. Constitution without the Bill of Rights. In the 1860s, Dixie fought the Second War of Independence from the United States. In the 1870s, guerrilla resistance in Dixie to the United States led to the demise of Reconstruction.
The philosophy of Dixie has always been conservatism. A conservative view of the world is based on hierarchy. In the Great Chain of Being, every being has its own special place in the structure of life which has been ordained by the Christian God.
Southerners take great care of their animals. We love our dogs and horses. The Southerner will spend a lot of time and wealth taking paternalistic care of his pet without acknowledging its inferiority or realizing why he is doing it. This is one major reason we tend to excel at veterinary medicine.
Insofar as the race question is concerned, it saddens me to report that White Southerners are culturally still very much “white supremacists.” Thomas Jefferson, for example, was a pioneer of the view that African-Americans suffered from a biological deficit in human intelligence and character, but this wasn’t really a source of animus toward them.
Jefferson lived in a world where White America was officially “the master race” in the United States. The White race was the leading race in the nation of Dixie. In such a world, a system of Christian paternalism could be fostered toward African-Americans, which is why “White Nationalism” never germinated here.
White Southerners are also republicans. The republican system of government is at the core of our social order. It has always been our nature to settle our grievances through the law and rational argument. This is another trait we share in common with our Roman forebearers.
The Mind of Dixie can be explained in five principles:
(1) The Team Principle – the team principle is the republican principle that everyone is supposed to work for the common good of the Republic. It is up to the law and the political process to deliver justice.
(2) The Racial Principle – the racial principle of Dixie is that Whites and African-Americans have an instinctive sense of racial identity because we live in a biracial society. African-Americans revel in their racial identity because it is not suppressed by the Mainstream Media (MSM), but White Southerners still have their own racial identity.
(3) The Religious Principle – the religious principle of Dixie is that everyone is capable of hearing God’s Word and God’s Truth and is thus capable of being saved through Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ is the truth and the way, then anyone can be a Christian and there can be moral common ground between races and nations.
(4) The Philosophical Principle – the philosophical principle of Dixie is that we are a conservative nation where everything has its proper place in the Great Chain of Being. When the natural order of things and our intuitive sense of the divine law has been violated, we experience a deep feeling of anxiety and alienation.
(5) The Cultural Principle – the cultural principle of Dixie is that we are a European nation of Cavaliers and Crackers. The enjoyment of our leisure time is at the root of Southern culture.
This is why the college football season is such a special time of the year in the Plantation Nation. It is the one time of the year when the nation of Dixie secedes from the United States and officially recognizes its own identity.
Why do Southerners love football games so much?
(1) It is a chance to cheer for the home team and the places we care about. We identify with these places and care about these institutions because we are conservatives. It is the Southern way of life to orient ourselves around the team and the place.
(2) It is a chance to relax, have a party, BBQ and tailgate, drink a few beers, tune out “the partisan divide” in Washington and “the financial crisis” on Wall Street, take life a little slower, have some good times, entertain some friends in our parlors, enjoy companionship of the women we love, etc.
It is time to tune out the School Marm Yankee on cable television, the Time Clock Yankee in the workplace, and the School Marm Yankee in the universities and the public schools, and to indulge in our own very best Cracker and Cavalier Culture instincts of enjoying our leisure time through the magical medium of ESPN.
It is time to experience the organic unity of the Plantation Nation for a few hours. There is nothing quite like the surreal experience of sitting in Bryant-Denny Stadium and hearing the words … “Touchdown Alabama.”
The Savage Ideal of Southern culture erupts in a mania of celebration across the State of Alabama with the assistance of radio and television. It reaches into both the White and African-American households … because the team principle, the racial principle, the cultural principle, the philosophical principle, and the religious principle momentarily align.
(3) Athletics is a chance to demonstrate our superiority and our loyalty to our teams in the outdoors. If this reminds historians and cultural anthropologists of the great Southern nations of Rome and Hellas, it should because there is an important connection.
Rome and Hellas were separated by climate from Germania. The Germanic peoples lived in heavily forested Northern Europe. The British race evolved under its peculiar weather.
The nation of Dixie is a Protestant race of Northern Europeans that lives under the Southern Sky in North America. Everything from its national borders to its attire to its spirit to its architecture to its culture to its athletics to its philosophy and excellence in politics has been shaped by its peculiar geography and climate.
The Mind of Dixie is inevitably drawn toward the allure of conservative Rome and Hellas. It was drawn there through Thomas Jefferson and Sir Walter Scott – through the prism of England – to construct the American Republic and later the Confederacy.
(4) The football season is a time when the Plantation Nation is mysteriously reconstructed and Whites and African-Americans are on the same side cheering for the same teams. By Sunday, they are back to attending their own churches.
The Plantation of Auburn has gone to war with the University of Oregon in the State of Arizona. Every “racist” in the State of Alabama (most of them at any rate) sets aside “racism” and “tribalism” for a few hours to unite around the team principle and the cultural principle.
In a single flash of Auburn’s Imperial Triumph in the BCS college football season, the nation of Dixie has revealed to the United States that “racism” is a bullshit term that was manufactured by European Marxists to poison American race relations.
For there are plenty of “White racists” and “African-American racists” in the SEC who are enjoying the Imperial Triumph, who have prayed in their own minds for the Auburn victory in the BCS, which only makes sense when you realize that Southerners are a Race of Cavaliers who have organized themselves around the team principle.
In the Plantation Nation, the Whites never really despised African-Americans, unless they were being denied some kind of social and economic opportunity, as the “peckerwoods” and “rednecks” were who were forced to scratch out a living in the inferior soil of the Piney Woods, the Hill Country, and the Mountains back in the old days.
In 2011, most of the “White racists” in the nation of Dixie resent being lied to by the liberal and conservative establishment in America. It is the establishment that says the blackness of African-Americans is holiness and that the divine grace of His Majesty Barack Hussein Obama is the redemption of America for the sin of slavery.
The establishment says that Al Sharpton should be on MSNBC to talk about “The Black Agenda” whereas Jared Taylor or James Edwards cannot be on MSNBC to talk about “The White Agenda.” It violates the conservative sense of the natural order of things (i.e., the racial principle and the philosophical principle) at the most visceral level in the nation of Dixie.
(5) College football is a game that we can follow and use our minds to understand. It is something which appeals to the descendants of generations of sportsmen, hunters, and small family farmers who have lived in the Sunny South for centuries. We have always loved games here, not because we are “lemmings,” but because we are sons and daughters of Dixie.
White Southerners don’t really “hate” African-Americans. We just intuitively recognize they are not the same as us. We resent the injustice and dishonour of being denied our rightful place in our own nation. Insofar as African-Americans are on the side of the phalanx of Alabama or Tennessee, we are happy to cheer for them, but that doesn’t mean we really truly believe “we are all the same” at the racial and cultural level.
As of the year 2011, the Washington and Wall Street way of doing things in the United States is looking shakier than ever. The Colossus of LBJ in Washington is finally succumbing to the gravity of its own misguided liberal ideas after decades of fatigue and exhaustion.
It won’t be long now until the demise of the Wall Street and Federal Reserve controlled financial system unleashes chaos, violence, and economic ruin upon us all. The people of Dixie will have to find some other living arrangement that will allow us to rebuild our civilization with a real mind toward the future.
The Olympics games of the American South are a valuable clue.
Note: After years of observation, I have arrived at the conclusion that the Southerners who call themselves “White Nationalists” are really just Southerners who are reacting against the discourse and racial etiquette the pollutes Dixie through the medium of print, radio, and television.
It is their own soil, their own blood, their own history, their own instincts, their own religion (the Protestant responds to the calling) and their own culture which has inspired the anti-bacterial reaction against the liberal status quo. The “conservatism” they are denouncing is a false conservatism that prevails in places like New York City and Washington.
The “conservatism” of Alabama and Virginia is another animal altogether. It is a “conservatism” that is about blood, place, piety, duty, honor, history, tradition and culture. This is the “conservatism” of Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee and Nathan Bedford Forrest.
It is not about “ideas.” No real Southerner believes that “conservatism” can ever be based on mere ideas and abstractions. The fanatical obsession with abstractions and ideological purity is the mentality of Boston, Massachusetts not Charleston, South Carolina.
Does this make any sense to you? I suspect it does if you come where I am from.