Jefferson County, Alabama has managed to raise its head above the national horizon with no less than four interesting stories about Black Run America coming out of the Birmingham metropolitan area this afternoon:
(1.) The first and most significant story is that Jefferson County will soon be laying off nearly a third of its workforce in order to avoid becoming the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history, yet again:
We are seeing “the beginning of a new era” in Jefferson County: the inevitable fiscal collapse of major municipalities in Black Run America without the fresh influx of federal bailout money:
“These steps are the beginning of a new era … a reduced level of services for the citizens of Jefferson County,” County Commissioner Jimmie Stephens told the Birmingham News. “We cannot generate any revenue. All we can do is balance the budget within the constraints of the revenue that we have. With less revenue we have no choice.”
Birmingham is only one of 16 major cities facing the possibility of financial meltdown this year unless they make deep spending cuts.
The others are San Diego, San Jose, Los Angeles and San Francisco; Camden, Patterson, and Newark; Detroit and Hamtramck; Chicago and Joliet, IL; New York City; Washington, DC; Cincinnati, OH; Reading, PA; Honolulu, HI; and Central Falls, RI.
In March, the Alabama Supreme Court struck down Birmingham’s occupational tax as unconstitutional, which generated $66 million dollars in tax revenue for the county last year. This is the immediate cause of the latest budget crisis.
Birmingham’s finances have been in chaos for years. We have discussed this here in the past on a previous incarnation of this blog. The city immersed itself in the opaque derivatives swindle on Wall Street and nearly went bankrupt in the 2008 financial crisis over its $3 billion dollar sewer debt.
The layoffs include: 282 employees in the roads department, 156 in the general services department, 148 in the sheriff’s office, 61 in the revenue, finance and budget management departments, 33 in the land planning and development, board of registrars, family court departments, and 17 in the human resources and county attorney department.
According to Reuters, a third of county workers will be put on administrative leave without pay on Monday. SBPDL has already pointed out that five Fortune 500 companies have left Birmingham in the past ten years. How many Fortune 500 corporations will be attracted to Birmingham now?
(2) The second story that caught our attention is that child prostitution is now flourishing in Jefferson County according to a new study that was released today by the Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham.
“Invisibility: A Study of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in Jefferson County” reports:
• 87 percent of survey respondents said children who are sexually exploited in Jefferson County are working for a pimp or are being pimped by a parent.
• Of the social service providers surveyed, 47 percent said the pimps identified by their organization were members of the child’s family.
• Of the identified victims, 79 percent are local to Jefferson County and consist of an equal number of blacks and whites — 38 percent each.
• 53 percent of young people identified as victims of commercial sexual exploitation in Jefferson County were homeless youth.
• 65 percent of survey respondents said they had not been trained to recognize children who were being sexually exploited and 76 percent said they did not know what questions to ask to find out if a child had been the victim of such a crime.
• 82 percent of those surveyed said there were no programs in place designed to specifically help the victims and 45 percent said there wasn’t a safe place to take them.
White people aren’t pimping out their own children in Jefferson County. The Whites involved here are assuredly Hispanics from Latin America. It comes as no surprise that African-Americans in Birmingham are pimping out their own teenage daughters to sex predators.
The Rev. James Bevel, the SCLC organizer of the 1963 Birmingham Children’s March, was arrested in 2007 on criminal charges of molesting his own daughters. His own daughter testified in court that he started repeatedly molesting her when she was six years old.
Bevel was found guilty and sentenced to 15 years in prison, but quickly died of pancreatic cancer before he could serve his sentence.
(3) In Bessemer, there has been “a borderline riot” at the Alabama Adventure theme park which forced the park to close down. SBPDL has determined that African-Americans were responsible for the chaos.
The MSM refused to report the race of the suspects who were responsible for the “borderline riot.” Fortunately, we live in the age of smart phones and YouTube, and you can watch the video below shot by a citizen journalist and draw your own politically incorrect conclusions.
(4) Finally, Mayor William A. Bell of Birmingham has filed ethics complaints with the State Ethics Commission which accuse Councilwoman Lashunda Scales of using her council position to intimidate business associates as well as police and city equipment for personal use.
This isn’t the first time this has happened either:
“In 2005, then-Mayor Bernard Kincaid appointed an outside attorney to investigate then-Councilman Bert Miller and two others concerning $25,000 in city money that was supposed to support a jazz concert that apparently never happened. Kincaid then gave the results of the independent report to the Ethics Commission.”
In case you were wondering, Mayors Bernard Kincaid and William A. Bell, Councilmen Lashunda Scales and Bert Miller (previously a maître d’ at a BBQ restaurant) are all African-Americans.
Larry Langford, the last African-American Mayor of Birmingham, began serving a 15 year felony prison sentence in 2010 after he “was arrested by the FBI on a 101-count indictment alleging conspiracy, bribery, fraud, money laundering, and filing false tax returns in connection with a long-running bribery scheme.”
He took more than $200,000 in money, designer clothes and jewelry from Montgomery investment banker William B. Blount in exchange for steering more than $7 million in debt and swap fees to two former JP Morgan bankers.
Richard Arrington, Jr. was elected in 1979 as the first African-American Mayor of Birmingham. He served in that position for twenty years.
While Arrington was in office, Birmingham became a majority black city and elected a black city council, which has systematically mismanaged the city ever since, most notoriously under Larry Langford who presided over the financial ruin of Birmingham.
This is what Birmingham has become under Black Run America: a decaying, crime ridden, majority black city where child prostitution is thriving and Fortune 500 companies are fleeing; a bankrupt metropolis held in thrall to black corruption and racial nepotism; a place where you cannot even take your kids to a water park in the summer because of riots by black teenagers.
Bull Connor clearly had the right idea when he used water hoses on those troublemakers and threw Martin Luther King in jail. If the good guys had won back then, Birmingham might actually be habitable today and the Iron Bowl might still be held there.
African-Americans like Larry Langford and William A. Bell have destroyed the Magic City. That is the true legacy of the so-called “Civil Rights Movement” in Birmingham. You won’t hear that side of the story being told anywhere else.
Update: Predictably, the fiscal absurdity of a Black Run America high speed rail line between Birmingham and Atlanta is also being explored, which would enable African American EBT card users to commute back and forth without having to buy automobiles or pay high gas prices like White people.