The White Nationalist movement is spilling a lot of ink right now discussing the cancellation of the 2011 Amren conference. Before writing another essay about the topic, I would like to frame this debate by asking a series of questions.
(1) Jared Taylor is being widely criticized around the internet on White Nationalist blogs and forums.
What are his critics on the internet doing to advance White Nationalism? Where is their conference? Where is their newsletter? Where are their television and radio appearances?
Is a sixty year old man supposed to do everything?
(2) The Egyptian riots are being broadcast across the Arab world by al-Jazeera.
Where is the White Nationalist equivalent of al-Jazeera, Russia Today, BET, or Univision?
(3) The loudest critics of Jared Taylor seem to be people who are in favor “rejecting the system.”
Were these people – the system rejecters – of any assistance to Jared Taylor and Amren in Charlotte? Were they of any assistance last year when Jeffrey Imm derailed the 2010 conference?
(4) Patrick Cannon is described as the Mayor Pro Tem of Charlotte.
Is there a pro-White elected official in Charlotte or North Carolina that the White Nationalist movement can appeal to?
(5) Are there White Nationalists in North Carolina even bothering to run for elected office in that state?
I am not referring to Glenn Miller for Senate campaigns.
(6) Jews have the ADL and AJC. Blacks have the NAACP and the Urban League. Hispanics have the NCLR and MALDEF.
Is there are a White equivalent to any of these organizations? Blacks and Jews started creating their own ethnic defense organizations over a century ago.
(7) North Carolina is an Upper South state. It is reasonable to assume that at least 20 percent of Whites in North Carolina are racially conscious. The majority of these people identify as “Christians” and “conservatives.”
Why hasn’t the White Nationalist movement succeeded in organizing the 1/5th of the White population (at a minimum) that agrees with us on our most important issues?
(8) According to the SPLC, there are a number of pro-White organizations active in North Carolina.
Why haven’t Whites in North Carolina joined the National Socialist Movement, World Church of the Creator, National Alliance, Confederate Hammerskins, Ku Klux Klan, or White Revolution?
What happened to the White Patriot Party?
(9) The CofCC has chapters in North Carolina.
What is preventing them from reaching a wider audience?
(10) Blacks and Jews work within the system to advance their anti-White policy positions.
How has pacifism and waiting for the inevitable collapse of the system worked out for us as a strategy? Doesn’t this lack of resistance only empower our enemies and create a self fulfilling prophecy of White marginalization?
(11) According to Gallup, the White majority in North Carolina describe themselves as “conservatives.” A healthy percentage of those “conservatives” dislike the NAACP, support our free speech rights, support restrictionist immigration laws, and many are even racially conscious.
What sense does it make to attack the people we need to win in North Carolina? Are we better off for distancing ourselves from our audience?
(12) Amren has spent almost twenty years educating the public in White racial consciousness. This has produced a few thousand anonymous, intimidated, disorganized converts to race realism scattered across North Carolina.
Shouldn’t we be educating White Nationalists in how to fight back? Isn’t that just as important as converting them to White racial consciousness? Isn’t action more important than rhetoric?
(13) There are probably a few thousand White Nationalists in North Carolina who subscribe to our ideas.
What is the use of spreading an ideology that no one in North Carolina seems inclined to act upon?
(14) I was at the 2010 Amren conference. There was a lot of talk there about filing lawsuits.
What happened to those lawsuits? What happened to the idea of creating a White Nationalist version of MALDEF or the NAACP Legal Defense Fund?
“Ideas” like that have been floating around for decades.
(15) The enemy seems to have all the power in North Carolina. They are organized to the precinct level in Charlotte. Negroes like Patrick Cannon hold elected office. They are well financed and have their own media outlets.
There are some White Nationalists who are ideologically committed to disorganization though. Does that make any sense?
(16) It sure would be nice if there was, say, a network of pro-White activists that could be tapped to stage rallies and mass protests in North Carolina. Illegal aliens seem to be able to do this all the time.
How is it that illegal aliens can rally across North Carolina at a month’s notice whereas White Nationalists seem to be utterly rudderless on this front?
(17) I’m sure that White Nationalists in North Carolina have posted thousands of radical comments on popular online forums like Stormfront and VNN over the past decade.
There is no shortage of blogs and forums that cater to this audience. I used to run one myself.
What has all that internet posting – all that “spreading of ideas” – ever accomplished for us in North Carolina?
(17) This is not the first time an Amren conference has been shutdown. Last year, Jeffrey Imm succeeded in cancelling Amren’s reservations at several DC area hotels.
I took it upon myself to confront and condemn Jeffrey Imm in the streets of DC twice. In February and June, we were the only ones there. This is only a small illustration of a larger point.
Why don’t White Nationalists join their own organizations? Why don’t they show up at their own events? How can we ever break the taboos against us by “spreading ideas” – safely, harmlessly, anonymously – on the internet?
(18) George Lincoln Rockwell predicted the “collapse of the system” would happen in 1969.
After 42 years, there are still White Nationalists who believe the inevitable collapse of the system will still solve all our problems. In 2008, I was told that the United States was going to collapse in a hyperinflationary downward spiral on the Weimar model.
Is it not sensible to assume that we need a backup plan or a better plan for advancing our goals?
(19) White Nationalists have spent the last 17 years spreading ideas on the internet.
Were we better off before the internet when David Duke was running for Governor of Louisiana? Why hasn’t using the internet as an education tool been as successful as we hoped?
(20) White Nationalists use the internet to educate White people in White racial consciousness. The internet has a scatter shot effect: it reaches isolated people who are geographically scattered across a wide area.
These people use the internet as a substitute for community. It often causes them to withdraw from their real communities, friendship networks, and kinship networks in favor of an ideological substitute.
In the most extreme cases, some White Nationalists become so alienated and ideological that they become estranged from their own family members.
Does this make White Nationalists more or less effective at converting ordinary White people to White Nationalism?
(21) I have two final questions.
Given the refusal of White Nationalists to organize in the real world and flex their political power in North Carolina, a state with favorable demographics for White Advocacy, why should we expect our situation to be otherwise?
What does it say about the course of the White Nationalist movement that we can no longer defend our most basic civil rights?
Is there something we are not doing that we should be doing? Is there something we are doing that we should not be doing?