The Biden administration came into office and framed a volley of executive orders around the theme of “four converging crises” that were facing the country: COVID, the economy, racial justice and climate change. These were the four themes that they wanted to hit to unite their coalition.
It occurred to me last night that there were six other converging crises that are being caused by the Biden administration. Specifically, these converging crises which are “intersectional” are caused by a peculiar type of progressive: the White upper middle class, college-educated professionals who typically live in a big city or a wealthy suburb in the Acela Corridor or in one of their metropolitan outposts across the country. I’m thinking about the sort of people under the age of 45 who often have Ivy League degrees who live in places like Brooklyn or Chevy Chase, MD or Loudoun County, VA who I observe on television and on social media. They are the people who still unironically read the New York Times and take it seriously.
What are these converging crises?
1. Political Correctness/Woke Supremacy – These people speak their own language and have their own alien values and worldview which separate them from the rest of the country. They are cosmopolitan, modernist, antiracist, politically correct or woke and see the world through this prism. This is why they are always scolding and antagonizing the rest of us over any number of issues like the hilarious notion that “white supremacy” is the cause of the recent upsurge in anti-Asian violence. These people have the Eastern phenotype and effeminate accent or more accurately and narrowly the “Acela look” about them:
2. Immigration – The disaster that is currently unfolding on our border with Mexico has been caused by these people and their ridiculous worldview. They don’t live along the border or in the Southwest. They live on the opposite side of the country in rich enclaves in the Acela Corridor.
3. Crime – The big cities are currently being swept by the worst surge in violent crime in decades and that is a direct result of the rampaging hordes of over educated, middle class brats who rioted through all of last summer and who in addition to “Abolish ICE” came up with the slogan “Defund the Police.” The police actually were demonized and defunded all around the country too. As with the catastrophe on the border, the root cause of the present crime wave is the systematic racism nonsense these people believe.
4. Trans – Those of us who are backward in the sense that we believe that there is a natural order and that there is something called reality and that we have to accept the limits of reality and try to live our lives in harmony with reality look at “trans” as being a classic example of a social contagion. In contrast, these people believe it is the other way around. They can wish upon a star and both reality and society should conform to their delusions. This is why 20,000 new genders have been discovered since around 2010 and you can get banished from social media or lose your career for questioning them. A man can “transition” into a woman as easily as he can go to a shopping mall and try on a new pair of pants.
5. Censorship – Part of being a snob and knowing that you are so right and better than everyone else because you have the correct progressive opinions and they do not is not having to listen to other people or respect their rights anymore. They don’t engage in debate with people who they disagree with these days. They simply demonize, punish them and censor all of those people and make fun of their concerns about their “Freeze Peach.” When you do that, they tend to go away. That’s how you win the argument.
6. Civil Liberties – What do you call someone who harshly criticizes your point of view on the internet or who is known for posting mean tweets which are various -isms and -phobias? You label those people “domestic extremists” or “insurrectionists” and weaponize the FBI, DOJ and DHS to harass them based on their political views. You create a situation where it is permissible for one group with politically correct views to attack a federal courthouse for six months and NOT be declared an “extremist” and prosecuted while other groups with the wrong opinions are subjected to draconian state crackdowns. None of this really matters though because those people lost their rights for having the wrong opinions.
Note: Focusing on these issues will result in Joe’s shellacking in the 2022 midterms. Obviously, we have a suite of other issues and there is plenty to work with there as well.