Isn’t this obvious?
Far from being unified behind Donald Trump in 2020, White Nationalists were extremely divided about the man. Many were bitterly disappointed with his presidency. In fact, White Nationalists had demobilized and reverted to their traditional posture of not caring about the outcome of elections and most stayed out of the spotlight in 2020. In spite of hysterical media reports, actual “White Nationalists” generally stayed away from the Black Lives Matter and Antifa riots that went on all summer.
The Capitol Siege was not a “White Nationalist” event. If anything is true, “White Nationalists” were underrepresented among the groups who were arrested there due to the turn away from street activism after Charlottesville. The people who were arrested at the Capitol Siege were ordinary Trump supporters, Oathkeepers, Proud Boys, Patriots and so forth who were civic nationalists who supported Donald Trump. Baked Alaska is the closest thing to a “White Nationalist” who was arrested and he was there livestreaming. The threat posed by YOBA to national security has been wildly exaggerated.
“White Nationalist” activity declined in 2020. There was notably less “accelerationist” violence which faded after the crackdowns in 2018 and 2019. There were fewer street rallies and shootings. There was actually little appetite or incentive among White Nationalists to go out and get involved in all of that chaos. There isn’t a “White Nationalist insurgency” going on in America. There is only PMC hysteria in the shrinking bubble of the legacy media which has less and less legitimacy in White America.
“If the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 had a sense of the unreal about it, some reactions since have been even stranger. Take Robert Grenier, a former CIA officer who served in Afghanistan and Iraq and was the director of counterterrorism from 2004 to 2006, the height of the “war on terror.”
“We may be witnessing the dawn of a sustained wave of violent insurgency within our own country, perpetrated by our own countrymen,” Grenier wrote in the New York Times. “Three weeks ago, it would have been unthinkable that the United States might be a candidate for a comprehensive counterinsurgency program. But that is where we are.”
After two decades of the United States futilely and destructively chasing the phantom of violent Islamism across the globe, it is welcome to see Americans finally waking up to the greater threat to their security and well-being posed by homegrown White and Christian extremism — which I, like others, have been warning about for many years. …”
If you are a White Nationalist, what would have been the point of engaging in activism in 2020? There is nothing that any White Nationalist group could have done that could have possibly radicalized more White people than what the political establishment was already doing in 2020.
Consider the following:
- At least 200 Confederate monuments were destroyed by an orgy of mob violence and the actions of leftwing governments. There was an all out assault on American heritage that ranged from Robert E. Lee statues to the Founding Fathers to Catholic priests.
- Donald Trump and his supporters were censored and purged from the internet by Big Tech.
- There was six months of non-stop violence by Antifa and Black Lives Matter from the death of George Floyd to the 2020 election.
- The FBI and DOJ turned a blind eye to Antifa and Black Lives Matter violence.
- There was an elite cabal which changed the election laws and coordinated all the violent street protests in a conspiracy to take down Trump.
- The FBI was weaponized against Trump and his supporters.
- The New York Times and the mainstream media went Woke to the point where the racial attacks on Whites have become a neverending bombardment
- The definition of “racism” was changed and now ALL White people are held to be “complicit” in “systemic racism” and “white supremacy.”
- The political, cultural and corporate establishment embraced critical race theory and “equity” language which vilifies Whites on the basis of race.
- The new radical social justice language was injected into everything from professional sports to video games all at once.
- Too many people to count were doxxed, fired and silenced over slight differences in opinion.
- Joe Biden embraced the blood libel of “systemic racism” in his inauguration speech.
- Finally, the culmination of this was Donald Trump telling his followers that the 2020 election was outright stolen from him through voter fraud and 70% of them are convinced it is true.
What effect do you think all of this had on White racial attitudes?
Trump supporters have become far more racially conscious, more populist, more anti-corporate, more hostile to the establishment, more sympathetic to violence over the past year.
How would launching a domestic “War on Terror” against non-existent “insurgents” be received by White America? Look at how far these numbers have already shifted over the past year. It would be pointless for “White Nationalists” to engage in “domestic terrorism” in the Biden era when the political climate is so much more favorable now and the media and the political establishment has utterly discredited itself. It makes more sense for White Nationalists to just exercise their constitutional rights as American citizens to engage in a political counterattack against the establishment in upcoming election cycles.
Sticking up for White people has gone mainstream in recent polls. I’ve been doing it for twenty years now when it wasn’t popular and increasingly the reaction that I get is “you were right.” Everyone agrees with us now that White people are under attack by the political establishment. The fact that the professional class in this country so casually talks about turning this country into Iraq or Afghanistan to stop populism illustrates how dangerously out of touch they have become.
Maybe Neoliberal Joe should focus on the real problem in this country that killed 100,000 people last month, not wagging the dog over the White Nationalist boogeyman?
White Nationalists poll better among Trump supporters than the mainstream media now. Doing nothing was the correct political strategy.