419,453 COVID deaths on Biden’s first full day in office.
Here’s the list of today’s volley of COVID-19 executive orders:
#1. Memorandum to Extend Federal Support to Governors’ Use of the National Guard to Respond to COVID-19 and to Increase Reimbursement and Other Assistance Provided to States
#2. Improving and Expanding Access to Care and Treatments for COVID-19
#3. Ensuring a Data-Driven Response to COVID-19 and Future High-Consequence Public Health Threats
#4. A Sustainable Public Health Supply Chain
#5. Protecting Worker Health and Safety
#6. Supporting the Reopening and Continuing Operation of Schools and Early Childhood Education Providers
#7. Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel
#8. Ensuring an Equitable Pandemic Response and Recovery
#9. Organizing and Mobilizing the United States Government to Provide a Unified and Effective Response to Combat COVID-19 and to Provide United States Leadership On Global Health and Security
#10. Establishing the COVID-19 Pandemic Testing Board and Ensuring a Sustainable Public Health Workforce for COVID-19 and Other Biological Threats
Joe was elected to clean up Blumpf’s COVID mess.
Here are some of the highlights of these executive orders:
- Invoking the Defense Production Act to boost vaccine supplies
- Requiring international travelers to the U.S. to get a COVID test before flights and quarantine
- Directs the Department of Health of Human Services and the Department of Education to give public schools advice on reopening
- Directs FEMA to establish community vaccination centers
- Launches federal pharmacy program
- Asks Congress for funds to expand public health workforce
- Reimburse states for mobilizing their National Guard for COVID relief
- Ask people to voluntarily wear masks as a patriotic duty
- Creates COVID-19 pandemic testing board
- Enforcement of more stringent worker safety standards
I didn’t hear the words “federal lockdown” or “forced vaccinations” anywhere. It basically sounds like they are just trying to make it easier for people get the vaccine and asking people to voluntarily wear masks. The virus will burn itself out this summer when herd immunity is reached one way or the other. At the end of the day, they can’t really do anything to quell COVID but distribute the vaccine.
Note: If Trump had been reelected, the outcome wouldn’t be much different. Joe is smart enough to make a big deal about “embracing science” though while signing mostly symbolic executive orders.