What has been the result of liberalism?
Why do we hate liberalism so much? What are its symptoms?
“On New Year’s Day, 2000, Nobel laureate James Buchanan challenged his fellow classical liberals to save the “soul” of liberalism. “People need something to yearn and struggle for,” he wrote. “If the liberal ideal is not there, there will be a vacuum and other ideas will supplant it.”
Twenty years later, Buchanan’s fears seem prescient. Contempt for liberalism is growing at both ends of the ideological spectrum—from the nationalist right and progressive left. Illiberal ideas and attitudes have seeped into the American mainstream, dismissing not only market liberalism but even more basic principles, like respect for the autonomy and dignity of the individual. At one extreme we see the resurgence of white nationalism; at the other, the renunciation of First Amendment principles.
Now is the time for any liberals left to answer Buchanan’s challenge—to save the soul of liberalism by reclaiming the liberal ideal. …”
I’ve put together a Top 10 list of reasons why liberalism has ran its course and has to be discarded for the West to survive the 21st century.
- Deracination (loss and erasure of identity which is forced on the public by the doctrines of multiculturalism, political correctness and wokeness).
- Atomization (fragmentation and dissolution of the natural orders which used to structure and orient our common life like families, marriages, cultures, communities, nations).
- Cosmopolitanism (rule by an elite class of technocrat urbanites selected on the basis of their credentials and who identify with everything foreign, who lack a sense of place and who generally despise the people of their own nations).
- Atheism (disenchantment of the world and divorce of man from God leaving behind a miserable and alienated public).
- Hyper materialism (obsession with economic growth which is why the market is privileged above every other aspect of life).
- Cultural degeneration (the celebration of perversion for the novelty and stimulation it provides by subverting norms which is done purely for its own sake and is labeled “progress”.)
- Race replacement (the wholesale replacement of the peoples of the West by foreigners which is cheered on by the cosmopolitan liberal elite).
- Death (abortion of children, no concern at all for future generations, historically low birth rates, a sterile society that lacks the will to live or perpetuate its own existence).
- Fake morality (traditional morality has been completely discarded and replaced by an ever expanding list of -isms and -phobias which are simply made up by leftwing academics who have replaced priests under our secular order.)
- Jewish rule (Jews have risen to the top of this awful system and every aspect of life now reflects their peculiar obsessions and interests like “supporting Israel” and “fighting anti-Semitism.”)
This short list is by no means exhaustive.
The benefits of the liberal order (things like free speech, gun rights, rule of law, the expectation of a rising standard of living, etc.) which were taken for granted for centuries are rapidly being discarded. The liberal ideal has become transsexuals serving in the military and the exclusion of White Nationalists. The system has turned against its founding population.