I’ve never been a big fan of fish.
I don’t like that fishy taste. I enjoy battered and fried fish, but that is problematic on a low carb or Keto diet. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and we started eating more of it last year.
Here is my wife’s delicious salmon steak recipe which uses honey and garlic butter to cover up that fishy taste. We usually eat it with a serving of cauliflower rice.
- McCormick Fiesta Citrus Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Salmon Fillets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Drizzle honey evenly over tops of fillets (not skin side)
- Sprinkle Fiesta Citrus Seasoning on top
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat
- Add oil and garlic butter (usually comes with fillets)
- Add fillets seasoned side down, skin side up
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Turn fillets over, seasoned sides up
- Transfer to oven, roast 11 minutes or until skin flakes easily with a fork
- Serve warm
Note: This isn’t the same recipe, but you get the idea. The crispy salmon skin cooked in a cast iron skillet tastes wonderful.