BREAKING: President Trump says US "will suspend its obligations under the" Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty with Russia on Saturday, "and begin the process of withdrawing from the INF Treaty." – NBC pic.twitter.com/wLyHczFImJ
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) February 1, 2019
THE ROAD SO FAR:
– Mike Pompeo, John Bolton and Elliot Abrams have been hired to run Trump’s foreign policy
– Ukraine has been armed with javelin anti-tank missiles
– NATO has been expanded to include Montenegro
– The US has withdrawn from the Iran nuclear deal
– Russia has been hit with wave after wave of sanctions
– Israel is being given $38 billion dollars and the US embassy has been moved to Jerusalem
– While President Trump has announced he is withdrawing troops from Syria and Afghanistan, the Republican Senate voted today to condemn the move
– We seem to be on the precipice of a US backed coup or military intervention in Venezuela
Why not start a new nuclear arms race with Russia?
“Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is set to announce that the U.S. will withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty with Russia on Friday, CNN reports.
Two US officials and multiple diplomatic sources familiar with the matter told CNN Thursday that Pompeo would pull out of the arms treaty that the Trump administration accuse Moscow of violating since 2014.
The European Union has also accused Russia of violating the treaty.
This reported move from Pompeo follows him saying on December 4 that the U.S. would leave the INF in 60 days if Russia continued to violate it. …”
Does Trump’s foreign policy resemble anything we voted for in 2016? America First?