One of the primary figures behind the effort in Northern Virginia to take down Confederate monuments and re-name streets and parks that honor Southern historic leaders is Charlottesville Mayor Michael Signer. He recently denounced a torchlight march amd rally in support of local Confederate monuments. And the mayor’s story sounds like a stereotype with which we are all too familiar: Left-wing activist from a New York Jewish family leads push in a Southern town to eliminate symbols of its native White ethnic group and welcome in large numbers of non-White immigrants to re-populate the area. Here are some highlights from Signer’s career of anti-White advocacy:
- Has a PhD in political science from UC-Berkeley.
- While at the University of Virginia School of Law founded the UVA Coalition for Progress on Race and co-founded the Center for the Study of Race and Law.
- Is a member of numerous liberal boards, committees and think-tanks.
- As Mayor of Charlottesville he supported hiring the city’s first Black police chief.
- In his 2017 State of City Address he said he said “I’m Jewish” and that he was adopted into a “wonderful, boisterous New York/New Jersey family.”
- He has instructed the city manager to make Charlottesville a “sanctuary city” to shield criminal aliens from deportation.
- Declared Charlottesville to be the “Capital of the Resistance” to President Donald Trump’s administration.
- Supported the city donating $10,000 to the Legal Aid Justice Center to “help refugees and immigrant families.”
This is what the enemy looks like. Mayor Signer is highly energetic and totally devoted to destroying symbols of Southern identity while flooding Virginia with as many Third World immigrants as possible.