So in regards to yesterday’s attack on the St. Petersburg Metro, I was right, and I was somewhat understandably wrong with my details and predictions.
To begin with, I was correct when I made the assumption that the attacker would be a Central Asian Moslem from one of the “stan” countries – Chechen was my first guess, but number two isn’t all that bad in the grand scheme of things.
But on the other end, I apparently posted a picture of another random Moslem that had been circulated by Russian security and media in the hours immediately following the bombing – the death toll is apparently up to fourteen at the moment.
Alas, I’m not a Russian speaker, so I’m still not one hundred percent sure whether this critter is still a person of interest, or whether this image being released was due to some fog of war situation that is common during great and powerful happenings.
Either way, the attacker was a Moslem, he is dead due to suicide blast, and once again we are right in calling for the immediate removal of Kebab from all nations affiliated with White European heritage – Russia may have to implement a more segregation-oriented policy combined with more secure borders due to their history with the region.
The Russian Investigative Committee has identified 22-year-old Akbarzhon Dzhalilov, a Kyrgyz-born Russian citizen, as the suspect believed to have carried out the terrorist bombing in the Saint Petersburg Metro.
“The investigators have identified a male suspect who set off an explosive device inside a metro train in Saint Petersburg,” Svetlana Petrenko, spokesperson of the Investigative Committee said in a statement.
“The suspect is Akbarzhon Dzhalilov, born in 1995.”
According to the Investigative Committee, the same suspect planted a second IED at Ploshchad Vosstaniya station, which did not explode.
“Following a genetic examination and analysis of CCTV footages, the investigation assumes that this particular person who carried out the suicide attack also left a bag containing the explosive device at Ploshchad Vosstaniya,” the committee said.
Earlier in the day, Petrenko told Interfax that the Investigative Committee, assisted by the FSB and the Interior Ministry’s rapid response teams, conducted an examination of “fragmented remains” found inside the third car and were able to establish that the terrorist suspect was male.
The official noted that the authorities are “carrying on with interrogations and inspecting CCTV cameras.”
“A blast assessment study, as well as a genetic examination, will follow,” she said.
The statement comes as the death toll continues to rise. Earlier on Tuesday, Russian Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova said three more blast victims had succumbed to their injuries, increasing the number of fatalities from eleven to fourteen.
Earlier, Kyrgyzstan’s State Committee for National Security (GKNB) also identified the possible perpetrator of the attack as Akbarzhon Dzhalilov, “a person of Kyrgyz origin, [who] is now a Russian citizen.”