Before plunging into a new Muse of Hate essay, I would like to get some OD reader feedback on food and energy prices. I’m sure this will be a fun conversation.
(1) Has anyone else noticed that gas is more expensive than it was 10 years ago?
(2) Has anyone here been forced to adapt to high gas prices by altering your travel, dining out, and vacation plans?
(3) Has anyone here noticed the food prices at the Super Wal-Mart and the Winn-Dixie and the Kroger and the Bruno’s and the Piggly Wiggly just seem to keep going up and up?
(4) How much more of your income do you reckon you spend on food and gas in the year 2011 than you were paying for these things in 2001 and 2006?
(5) Has anyone else here been mystified by what black people are able to afford at the Super Wal-Mart and the Kroger?
(6) Do you ever find yourself having racial thoughts about black people being on the EBT card and the WIC as you have to adapt your own purchases to fit your household budget?
(7) Is anyone else here sick and tired of paying for their health insurance?
(8) Does anyone else here wish the federal government would subsidize your rent and pay for your cell phone and give you energy assistance like the Obama administration does with black people?
(9) Is anyone else here tired of paying income taxes?
(10) Does anyone else here wish the federal government would send them a TANF welfare check in the mail for being irresponsible?
(11) Does anyone else here wish that being White would actually be an advantage for a change when applying for a corporate job?
(12) Finally, if food and energy prices continue to soar indefinitely, which forces White households to cut back on their discretionary spending, what kind of society do you suppose we will be living in 15 years from now?
Thank you for participating in this OD reader survey.
Note: At the end of the 9/11 decade, we now have Facebook and Twitter, but we don’t go to space anymore, no one who is young can find a good job, we have become debt peons to China, and food and gas is far more expensive than it was ten years ago.
Don’t forget that OD Forum is now up and running. I have been posting the best newslinks in there on a daily basis.