There has been a lot of debate back and forth about Hunter’s approach, a debate which has obviously struck a nerve with people.
For years, I have been debating these issues, and others besides, and I’ve never been able to come to any solid conclusion. For most problems in life, the only proper answer is “it depends.”
However, I think we need to guard ourselves against over-analysis or over-investment in any particular idea and instead simply try to ground ourselves by looking to what works in the real world on the issues we care about.
Take Geert Wilders, for example. He obviously fails the White Nationalist test. He’s pro-Israel, he’s pro-liberal social values, he’s pro-welfare state. His appeals regarding Muslims are grounded in terms of these people’s threat to liberal social democracy.
And here is what this sell-out just won in the Kingdom of the Netherlands as the price for the new government’s need for his party’s support in parliament.
Immigration and Integration
The many proposals in the area of immigration and integration include:
• Quicker expulsion of convicted aliens.
• Immigrants themselves are responsible for integration; must pay themselves for integration courses; and will face penalties if they fail to integrate.
• Stricter asylum procedures; expedited repatriation policies; asylum seekers are to be assisted in their country or region of origin.
• Drastic curtailment of opportunities to bring over partners or relatives within the context of family formation or reunification. Stricter policies to counter fake or arranged marriages.
• Stricter requirements for bringing over partners or relatives.
• Discouragement of labor migration from outside EU & European Economic Space (EES). However, knowledge migrants are welcome.
• Permanent residence permit is only granted if sufficient language and skills qualifications have been achieved.
• Illegal immigration status is to become a criminal offense, and illegal immigrants are to be expelled ASAP.
• Every possible opportunity will be used to keep radical spiritual leaders out of the country.
• Discontinuation of affirmative policies on the basis of gender or ethnic origin.
• Introduction of general ban on wearing face-covering clothing, including the burqa.
• The police and members of the judiciary are not permitted to wear headscarves.
• Stricter qualifications for obtaining Dutch citizenship, including mandatory renouncement of other nationalities.
While decades of American WN activism has produced nothing, and modern “conservative” Republicans can barely mention the word “immigration,” this guy, working within the cultural context of his people, speaking to their modern values and language, pushed the argument to the Right and has won a victory American nationalists can only dream about.
This means something. Something real.